New Year’s Resolutions, and 2012 in Retrospective
It’s New Year’s Eve! Maddie and I are headed up the mountain to watch the firework display and celebrate the new year at a local ski resort. At midnight, they’ll shoot off fireworks but only after they’ve cut off all of the lights on the ski slopes and the ski patrol shoots down the slopes holding torches and skiing in intricately choreographed designs. We’re excited for our first new year in High Country, and our second together as a couple. We’re hoping to pop a bottle of vegan bubbly and sit back and enjoy the show, all wrapped up in vegan threads.
I love New Year’s. Not only is it a good time to sit back and enjoy the beautiful conclusion to the holiday season, but it’s a wonderful time to reflect on the happenings of the last year. To celebrate New Year’s here on Veganland, I wanted to bring you 5 of my favorite posts from 2012, as well as some goals for the year to come. Please comment and share your favorite 2012 memory and some hopes and goals for 2013!
5. My homemade almond milk post. Maddie and I had such a good time taking the photos for this post, and it was one of my very first big how-to posts that Veganland ever saw. I’m so glad that I was able to share a healthful way to make delicious, safe vilk for vegans of all taste preferences, which leads me to #4…
4. My Carrageenan rant! I loved the comments, discussions, and community that this post spurred. I was also honored to see my fellow vegan bloggers jump on the anti-carrageenan band wagon and start making some of their own carrageenan-free nut milks. I’m thinking of you and your peanut milk, Annie!
3. Belly and body love this was such a gratifying post to write and it was very reflective to engage issues surrounding body image and exercise as it relates to veganism.
2. My vegan sweet tooth. On a similar note, I loved creating my post on vegan treats and sweets and engaging some of the issues surrounding women and their relationship to sweet foods.
1. Wednesday in Wonderland my birthday was the most beautiful and fun one yet! Maddie made the day beautiful and special and it was a vegan tea party of my dreams! Taking photos for the blog was both fun and gratifying and I was so happy to share my day via Veganland!
Now, onward to the resolutions!
~ juice regularly, at least 2 times per week
~ research and hopefully find a vegan cat food option
~ continue blogging regularly
~ expand the vegan fashion section of Veganland
~ take photos everyday!
While these are just some of my goals, I hope to stick to all of them!
What are your hopes and dreams for the new year?